October 1st - October 30th 2020
This is a Virtual Event: Walk as much or as little as you would like for the month of October!
Win big with our Catch the Ace Draw or join our Photo Challenge for your chance to win some great prizes! There will also be a Costume Contest and Costume Parade on October 30th! (see below for more details)
CHILD: $10 PETS: FREE
ADULT: $20 FAMILY FEE: $40
Please register online to register yourself or your team and start collecting those pledges!
Prizes will be awarded to our Top 3 Fundraisers!
Ask family, friends, coworkers and neighbors to pledge you or your team! They can donate to you directly online or offline by using our paper pledge form. These donations can be handed in once the event is over. Don't forget to track your offline donations! You can download and print our brochure with the pledge sheet below!
At Lansdowne Children's Centre the health and safety of our families, staff and volunteers remains our top priority during the pandemic. This is why we made the decision to turn our remaining 2020 events to virtual events. We are confident that this event will be successful, and we extend our gratitude to the amazing community support we have received while navigating through this new way of fundraising. We hope you will walk and roll with us this October!
Our children and youth with special needs need us now more than ever. We get many inquiries about how individuals can help raise the much needed funds to support our programs and services offered. How can you help?
- Register online and collect pledges as an individual or a team
- Make a general donation to a participant or to the event itself
- Become a corporate sponsor for this event
- Participate weekly in our online Catch the Ace Raffle Draw
- Help us spread the word about the event and encourage others to donate
Here is your chance to win some big money while supporting Lansdowne! Can you Catch the Ace?
Buy your weekly tickets at:
DRAW OPENS BACK UP SEPTEMBER 1st! Draws are weekly every Friday at 3:00pm.
Each pciture you submit from above will get you one ballot for one of 3 prizes in our Photo Challenge! Don't forget to tag us on your social media!
See below for more information on how you can join our Photo Challenge!
We recognize that Halloween may look a bit different this year, so we challenge you dress up as what a superhero means to you. Best costume will win a grand prize! We can't wait to see your costumes on October 30th! Check out our updates section and join our Costume Parade!!
Don't forget to tag us on your social media or send us your pics and use the hashtag that day:
Join our Photo Challenge by taking a picture of yourself, family, friends etc. with any of the following:
- a sunset
- a four leaf clover
- an outdoor reading library
- a park
- a pet or wildlife -
- an ice cream stop
- another superhero
- striking a silly pose
- in front of Lansdowne
- a flag
- in nature
- a storefront of one of our sponsors
- a rainbow
- enjoying local food
- a sign that starts with a "Y"
- a body of water
- with a statue
- with a bridge
- a cool looking mailbox
- with your family or loved ones
Tag your pictures on our social media and use the hashtags #LCCVirtualHeroes and #rockandrollforkids. Alternatively you can email them to Candace Kingyens to post at email@example.com
Each picture you submit will get you one ballot towards our draw for an awesome grand prize which will take place and be posted Oct. 30th on our Facebook Page. Don't forget to follow us for the latest updates!
Along with our Costume Contest on October 30th 2020, we have now added a Costume Parade! Details are on your right and everyone is welcome!
Please read the following carefully if you wish to take part. Photos for the Costume Contest can still be submitted even if you are not at the parade.
1. Masks will be mandatory, as well as staying 6 ft. apart at all times.
2. By joining us, you are consenting to be in our pictures and featured on social media. Lansdowne is not liable for any participants at this walk/parade.
3. We will be walking 1-2km at approx. 30-45 min. in length. Please dress warmly. This event will be cancelled should it be raining or the tempurature 0 degrees or below to keep everyone healthy during the season. (We will announce that on here if that is the case as well as our social media outlets).
4. Don't forget to tag us in your social media by using the hashtags #lccvirtualheroes #walkandrollforkids and #LCCcostumecontest. This is the only way you will be entered into our draw for the grand prize. Photos can also be sent to Candace Kingyens to post on your behalf. Winners will be notified and announced on social media and in our updates section on this website on Monday, November 2nd 2020 by noon.
WHEN: Friday, October 30th 2020
WHERE: Start and parking at corner of Church St. and Grand River Ave. in Brantford ON
HOW LONG?: 30-45 min / 1-2km
CONTACT: Candace Kingyens (contact info in Contact Us section)
Dress up in your very best costume and join us for a Costume Parade! Don't forget to register by clicking on any of our registration buttons and start collecting those pledges!
We are so thrilled to have you join us for this social distancing walk in support of Lansdowne Children's Centre and look forward to seeing all of you there!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!
Looking to collect some pledges offline?
Download and print our brochure below which includes a paper pledge form. You can hand these in at the end of the event to our Senior Development Officer Candace Kingyens.
(Her contact information is included in the Contact Us section)